Thank you for selecting Trailways for your Charters, Tours & Bus Travel!
Trailways is a network of ground transportation providers offering more than 4,000 passenger transport vehicles for hire as well as scheduled route services in nearly 30 US states. Trailways, founded in 1936, is a quality and safety-oriented network of motorcoach service companies.
Trailways Help Desk:
- Please note, Trailways is a network of independently owned bus companies.
- Trailways offers scheduled route service within and between many states, but not all states. In some states, we have partners (non-Trailways) for schedule route services. Before you call with questions, please click here for the State List of bus service locations.
- FAQ's – Scheduled Route: Click here for Frequently Asked Questions such as schedules, ticketing, pet policy, age to ride, baggage, etc.
- Delays due to breakdowns, road conditions, weather or any other condition beyond the bus carrier's control are not the responsibility of Trailways nor the individual bus carrier providing transportation.
- Ticket problems – 855-519-6502 - 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
- Ticket refunds - all tickets sold on trailways.com are non-refundable. Changes to your travel plans are subject to the policies of the individual bus company.
- The boarding pass is the only document acceptable for admittance onto the bus for transportation and a government-issued photo ID. This is for the safety or all riders and to protect your ticket purchase.
- You must print your boarding pass at the time of purchase. For other help, check "Find Boarding Pass"
- Please contact the individual carrier(s) identified on your ticket with any specific questions or concerns. Phone list.
- Charters/bus rentals for groups – please complete the online request form. Please allow 72 hours for a response. Or, call the central Trailways Charter Department at 1-703-691-3052 x 105, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For directly requests, please check the complete Trailways company Roster.
- FAQ's for Group Charter Bus Rentals– Chartering a Trailways Bus
- Local Phone-- 1-703-691-3052 (administrative offices only) Note: the administrative office does not have schedules or fare information – please use the list to check information or to contact the state bus company directly: click for the online list.
- Fax Line-- 1-703-691-9047 (administrative issues only).
- Internet-- email@example.com (note, for specific ticket problems, please call 855-519-6502 M-F 9 am to 4 pm Eastern time). Emails are checked M-F at the administrative offices.
- Weekend inquiries/issues – for ticket problems, you must contact the bus company you are using in your state.
Safety: All Trailways companies are safety-certified by the US Department of Defense, or country equivalent. Trailways is a fully integrated transportation system with 24-hour on-the-road emergency support. In addition, the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) issues safety ratings based on the carrier's accident record and adherence to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Regulations. Click here to check. Motorcoach company owners in the US are required to perform background checks on drivers and potential drivers, per FMCSA guidelines. Choose safety: choose Trailways.
Jobs – Drivers & Mechanics Wanted! Drivers and mechanics are always in high demand at our bus & motorcoach locations. Please contact the state Trailways location nearest you here. Ask for the Human Resources Office or check the company’s website Jobs page, if listed.
Trailways is a network of independently owned bus companies. (The headquarters administration office does not post job openings nor manage hiring for state locations).