Alcatraz Island is located in San Francisco Bay, offshore from San Francisco, California. The small island was developed with facilities for a lighthouse, a military fortification, a military prison, and a federal prison from 1934 until March 1963.
If you’re planning a trip to Alcatraz Island, let Trailways help you get there! We want your trip to be as stress-free as possible so you can focus on having a relaxed and educational time with friends or students.
Discover the benefits of traveling with Trailways:
- You don’t worry about having to find a spot to park your car or paying to park in an expensive garage/parking lot.
- We are a more affordable option, saving you money on gas and regular wear-and-tear on your car.
- When traveling with Trailways you’ll be able to relax in one of our comfortable, secure charter buses after a long day of walking.
- We can transport groups of any size! Contact the Trailways company in your area and they will assist in choosing the right size bus for your group trip so all of your family, friends, and/or students can travel together.
To-dos at Alcatraz Island:
- Explore the complex history of Alcatraz by taking a guided tour.
- Alcatraz is a premiere spot for viewing colonial nesting seabirds. Visit from late Winter through early Summer for the best observation times.
- Plan a field trip for your school with the Alcatraz School Access Ticket Program.
Want to learn more about the benefits of traveling with Trailways? Contact us today!
<< Back to the San Francisco, CA Charter Bus Page