The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (commonly referred to as the Kennedy Center) named in 1964 as a memorial to President John F. Kennedy. Opened on September 8, 1971, the performing arts center is a multi-dimensional facility. It produces a wide array of performances encompassing the genres of theater, dance, ballet, and orchestral, chamber, jazz, popular, and folk music; offers multi-media performances for adults and children. It holds about 3,500 performances a year for audiences totaling nearly two million. The center hosts touring productions and television and radio broadcasts that, collectively, are seen by 20 million more.
If you’re planning a trip to The Kennedy Center in Washington D.C., let Trailways help you get there! We want your trip to be as stress-free as possible so you can focus on having a fun-filled time.
Discover the benefits of traveling with Trailways:
- You don’t worry about having to find a spot to park your car or paying to park in an expensive garage/parking lot.
- We are a more affordable option, saving you money on gas and regular wear-and-tear on your car.
- When traveling with Trailways you’ll be able to relax in one of our comfortable, secure charter buses.
- We can transport groups of any size! Contact the Trailways company in your area and they will assist in choosing the right size bus for your group trip so all of your family, friends, or students can travel together.
To-dos at The Kennedy:
- Visit the theater to see a variety of plays and musicals.
- Celebrate a special occasion or just enjoy a casual night out with loved ones at a comedy show.
- Attend the annual one-day Arts Summit.
Want to learn more about the benefits of traveling with Trailways? Contact us today!
<< Back to the Washington, D.C. Charter Bus page